Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Bites
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min. + standing
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 peanut butter cups (3/4 ounce each), chopped
- 1-1/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup broken pretzels
- Freeze chocolate chips and peanut butter cups until partially frozen, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a 6-qt. stockpot, combine peanut butter, sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until blended.
- Remove from heat; stir in Rice Krispies and pretzels until coated. Let stand 5 minutes; gently fold in chocolate chips and peanut butter cups until just combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 86 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
May 28, 2017
These are yummy! My grandchildren enjoy making them. The only thing I would do different I wait until the mixture cools down a bit before adding the chocolate chips and Reese's cups. They melted. We did dump everything he pan to melt together, just keep stirring until the mixture is smooth & no longer grainy from the sugar.
Dec 18, 2016
I have a number of issues with this recipe. First, it says to combine the items in the pot over low heat until blended. Does blended mean smooth, or does blended mean until everything is incorporated? I did the latter. Adding the frozen items, the mixture had already started to set, so it was very hard to get the chips and pb cups to stick, then they started melting a bit. Also, the pretzel pieces? What a pain. They did not stay in the mixture well, and therefore the whole mixture did not adhere well, I kinda had to form it and press together slightly. I will say, as the mixture cooled down, it seemed to hold it's shape better. So perhaps it would be helpful to let people know in the recipe that once you add the frozen items, let it sit for a few so it can set up. They tasted good - you can't go wrong with these ingredients, but I would probably not make this recipe again. Maybe just press it into a pan and make bars.
Dec 10, 2016
Yummy! Even after freezing the chocolate & waiting 5 minutes to add them, the chips and PB cups still started to melt. So mine weren't as attractive as the photo shows. Perhaps wait longer before adding? Bring the sugar & corn syrup to a soft boil, then add the PB. Otherwise they'll be grainy or won't set.
Jun 28, 2016
My kids liked these. They are soft and don't really set up as something firm but they hold their shape well. Easy, quick snack to make.