Potato Chip Banana Bread Cookies
My 5-year-old wanted to bake a cake with potato chips and bananas. I couldn't quite manage that, but I did combine two cookie recipes to create these. They are stunningly delicious, and everyone tells me they are addictive! —Rebecca Emmons, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed baked potato chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in bananas, eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in potato chips and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 129 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Robert's Potato Chip Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017