This sweet, nutty pecan balls recipe is a tradition in our house at Christmastime, but the treats are great any time of the year. —Alberta McKay, Bartlesville, Oklahoma
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Roll into 1-in. balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Roll warm cookies in additional confectioners' sugar; cool completely on wire racks. Roll cooled cookies again in confectioners' sugar.
1 each: 73 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 23, 2019Favorite Christmas cookie to make each year. Everyone loves them!
Dec 19, 2019Delicious! I took a reviewer's advice and toasted the pecans slightly. Also can we all agree Beverly "I'm not giving away my secret to making this cookie even more delicious" is the worst kind of commenter ever? Literally created an account just to call her out.
Dec 10, 2019Why do ALL my reviews get cut in half?? Does this happen to anyone else? I reviewed these cookies 3 - THREE times
Dec 7, 2019These are great, but for a truly nutty flavor, toast the nuts in a tablespoon of butter before using. Stir in a small skillet until the butter browns and the nuts are very fragrant. Cool completely before adding to the dough. I don't bother with adjusting the dough butter as I usually double the recipe. These never last long!
Dec 7, 2019Great recipe,just added a tad more butter!!!!!
Dec 2, 2019Can't give a review but have a question. What can I substitute for wheat flour and butter please.
Dec 1, 2019My Mother made these cookies for years at Christmas in OntRio, Canada. We called them snowballs. Still a fave today.
Nov 24, 2019These were perfect and delicious! Nothing you add/change can make them any better. My go-to cookie and not only for the holidays!
Oct 22, 2019These shortbread cookies are wonderful old recipe! They have been given different names over the years I have been making them,, but whatever they are called, they have been my family's most asked for Christmas cookie for many, many years! I have made one change in this original recipe, but I'm not giving away my secret to making this cookie unique and even more melt-in your-mouth delicious.
Apr 1, 2019I love the buttery taste of these and how they pretty much melt in your mouth. I'll be making them again.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC