Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Additional banana slices, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in 3 cups whipped topping.
- Pour 1-1/3 cups of pudding mixture into pie crust. Layer with banana slices and remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional banana slices if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 311 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 16, 2019
I’m always looking for easy no bake desserts that I can make in our motorhome. This was so easy and a favorite of our grandkids. We will be making this often.
May 7, 2019
This is so easy to prepare and it is one of my husband's favorite pies.
Mar 28, 2018
Excellent banana cream pie. I just wish TofH would stop changing the name of recipes from the names given in its cookbooks, so they would be easier to find on-line for tips and reviews.
Sep 9, 2016
Easy to make and quick. I used french vanilla pudding as that is what I had in my cupboard. Turned out great husband loved it
Apr 21, 2016
Followed the recipe and the taste was as good as the ingredient. The pie did not stand up and was soupie. Not something I would ever serve to guest. What went wrong?
Apr 15, 2016
Whipped topping? Old fashioned? That is junk food, garbage. No thanks. That's it for this subscription.
Apr 14, 2016
This is very good and easy to make, but I also use banana pudding in place of the vanilla. Gives it a more banana flavor. And I use the extra creamy whipped topping.
Sep 8, 2015
Very good and very easy to make! I really liked this one!
Jul 22, 2015
nothing like real old fashioned banana cream pie... real is always better...
Jul 21, 2015
Quick and easy