Grilled Banana Brownie Sundaes
My niece Amanda Jean and I have a lot of fun in the kitchen creating different dishes. One of us will start with a recipe idea and it just grows from there—and so does the mess. We always have a blast. That's exactly what happened with our Grilled Banana Brownie Sundae with Peanut Butter Cream. —Carol Farnsworth, Greenwood, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium bananas, unpeeled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 8 prepared brownies (2-in. squares)
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Cut unpeeled bananas crosswise in half, then lengthwise in half. Place quartered bananas on an oiled grill rack, cut side down. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat on each side until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, brown sugar and peanut butter until smooth.
- To serve, remove bananas from peel; place over brownies. Top with cream cheese mixture, ice cream, fudge topping and peanuts.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 505 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as GRILLED BANANA SUNDAE WITH PEANUT BUTTER CREAM in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016