Elvis’ Pudding Cake
I love the flavors of peanut butter and banana together, and this slow cooker pudding cake is just like eating an Elvis sandwich, only sweeter! Banana chips add a surprisingly crunchy texture; find them near the dried fruit in your grocery store. —Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours + standing
- 3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1 package banana cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chopped dried banana chips
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand until soft-set, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, adding peanut butter before mixing. Pour over pudding. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Sprinkle with peanut butter chips; cover and let stand until partially melted, 15-20 minutes. Top with banana chips.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 574 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Elvis Cake in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2013