Contest-Winning Raspberry Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, divided
- Combine the wafer crumbs, pecans and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, liqueur and vanilla until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spread into crust. Chill until serving.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and 1-1/2 cups raspberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Spread topping over filling. Garnish with remaining berries.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 507 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 22, 2019
I make this at least twice each summer with raspberries from our backyard bush. It's an incredibly simple and delicious recipe.
Jul 22, 2017
Easy to make and so summery. This is a pretty dessert that is light and refreshing. I used frozen raspberries, so didn't have any fresh ones to put on the top, so I decorated mine with a few blueberries. Very yummy
Jul 4, 2017
I made this today to take to a July 4th cookout, and it was a big hit. I easily doubled the recipe. It was very flavorful and not too heavy.
Mar 14, 2016
This absolutely one my family's favorite recipes. I can see why it won a contest!
Nov 28, 2015
I made this for Thanksgiving and it is so, very good! My daughter has requested it once a month. I'll make it each holiday.
May 17, 2015
OH MY, i also reduced the sugar and found it was great. I reduced sugar by 1/4 cup
May 24, 2014
This was okay, but we found it way too sweet, especially the topping. If I make it again I'd make half of the topping as there is way too much and also reduce the sugar content significantly.
Dec 2, 2013
This was a big hit. I left out the orange liqueur. I baked the crust for about 15 minutes at 350, so it wouldn't crumble. Also made one without crust for a gluten-free version and that was great as well.
Jul 4, 2013
my sister made this for our family get together and we all loved it.
Aug 14, 2011
This pie is so yummy!!! And very easy to make. I used low-fat cream cheese and low-fat whipped topping (instead of the whipping cream) which made this pie just a tad "healthier" - boy is it good!!!