Chunky Banana Cream Freeze
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 5 medium bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- Place the bananas, milk, coconut, peanut butter and vanilla in a food processor; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a freezer container; stir in walnuts and raisins. Freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
Editor's NoteLook for unsweetened coconut in the baking or health food section.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 181 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Oct 29, 2019
This was delicious! The flavor was great! I love the coconut in this recipe.
Jun 20, 2019
This was really yummy. Having a family member that needs a gluten free/dairy free menu- this is the perfect treat to have on hand. I confess I made a mistake and put the raisens and nuts in the first step instead of folding them in. But, I am still happy with the results. I did not have Almond milk- so used rice milk. It is thick, and creamy and lots of peanut butter flavor. I think that if you chunk up the frozen banana it will process easier.
Sep 17, 2012
It's one of my favorites that I make for myself. Made a few change to the ingredient I add 4 tablespoon of sweetened coconut flakes & peanut butter, add bittersweet chocolate instead of raisins and chopped almonds, just add more almond milk to get it the way you want. I also try with dark chocolate almond milk. Yummy!
Jul 19, 2012
I left out the raisins and walnuts and it was delicious! It tasted just like ice cream!