Banana-Pecan Sheet Cake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bananas, mixing well (mixture will appear curdled).
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost cake. Sprinkle with toasted pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 267 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 28, 2019
I bake all the time and when I made this is was mush! The toothpick came out clean after 23 minutes but the cake never set!
Mar 24, 2018
One star Cuz I cannot give no stars. Awful...do not make this. Make a bisquick banana bread with pecans if you want this, the bisquick is beter....this has nothing to do with cake whatsoever. Dry...amazing with a stick of butter and the amount of sugar! It'll be eaten but never again made.
Sep 12, 2016
My husband loved this recipe! I will definitely be making this again