Banana Cream Chocolate Truffles
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + freezing
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (14.3 ounces) Golden Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons banana extract
- 1/3 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- Dried banana chips, coarsely crushed
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and extract until blended. Beat in banana. Stir in cookie crumbs. Freeze, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 2 hours.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Dip cookie balls in candy coating; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Top immediately with banana chips.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 truffle: 110 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 25, 2019
I'm not much of a bon bon person at all, BUT, I must say these are pretty darn good. My family Love's bon bons so I love making them for my whole family at Christmas time. If I like them they will LOVE them. I'm even keeping some for myself this year. That should shock my family for sure lol. Thank You so much for sharing this with us all. This one is definitely a Christmas treat keeper. ??