Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 69 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 19, 2019
I thought these were just ok.
Apr 14, 2019
These are so good. I used two ripe bananas, and then added 2/3 cup of oatmeal to the batter to bulk them up a bit as the batter looked a bit runny (probably because of the extra banana) and these came out amazing. I usually make muffins when I have extra bananas on hand but today I felt like making cookies and these did not disappoint!
Oct 11, 2018
Made with 2 bananas and added walnuts. SO GOOD!!
May 26, 2018
Delicious easy recipe! Ihad one ripe banana and needed to use it. I substituted a mix of Swerve and Brown Coconut Sugar for the 1 cup of sugar and swapped the flour for almond meal cup for cup. Added dark cocoa chips and walnuts so yummy!
May 18, 2018
Yummy! I followed the recipe - I didn't measure, but used one mashed banana. I like the idea of using chopped walnuts or pecans. It is a cake like cookie - quite good still warm. I also appreciate this makes a rather small batch. I got 24 cookies.
Mar 31, 2018
I added a half cup of chopped walnuts. Yum!!
Dec 10, 2017
Made these today-perfect! You won't be disappointed. Soft and chewy and quick and easy to make! Thank you.
Oct 8, 2017
Easy and tasty. I added an extra banana and used gluten free flour. These were great!
Sep 30, 2017
easy to make...i used mini-choc. chips...made level T...baked for 12 min... lined pans with parchment paper...cake-like "cookie"...not too sweet...got 3 dozen ....would def. make again.
Sep 5, 2016
Delicious, but I doubled the recipe and didn't get 36 and they were average sized cookies.