Air Fryer Apple Pie Egg Rolls
These easy apple pie egg rolls can be prepared as needed, using egg roll wrappers as a vessel for the fruit rather than traditional pie crust. The air-fryer method of cooking results in a crispy, crunchy crust with a tender, juicy filling. Flavored cream cheese spread may be used instead of plain, depending on availability. —Sheila Suhan, Scottdale, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min./batch
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup spreadable cream cheese
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. In a small bowl, combine apples, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and corn starch. With one corner of an egg roll wrapper facing you, spread 1 scant tablespoon cream cheese to within 1 in. of edges. Place 1/3 cup apple mixture just below center of wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.)
- Fold bottom corner over filling; moisten remaining wrapper edges with water. Fold side corners toward center over filling. Roll egg roll up tightly, pressing at tip to seal. Repeat.
- In batches, arrange egg rolls in a single layer in greased air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 5-6 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook golden brown and crisp, 5-6 minutes longer. Combine sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; roll hot egg rolls in mixture. Serve with caramel sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 273 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 8, 2020
I added just one item to it and wasn't sure how it would taste...….but how delicious it came out with adding Brie cheese and chopped walnuts to it!! My grandkids LOVE IT!!