Air Fryer Apple Pie Egg Rolls
These easy apple pie egg rolls can be prepared as needed, using egg roll wrappers as a vessel for the fruit rather than traditional pie crust. The air-fryer method of cooking results in a crispy, crunchy crust with a tender, juicy filling. Flavored cream cheese spread may be used instead of plain, depending on availability. —Sheila Suhan, Scottdale, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min./batch
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup spreadable cream cheese
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. In a small bowl, combine apples, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and corn starch. With one corner of an egg roll wrapper facing you, spread 1 scant tablespoon cream cheese to within 1 in. of edges. Place 1/3 cup apple mixture just below center of wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.)
- Fold bottom corner over filling; moisten remaining wrapper edges with water. Fold side corners toward center over filling. Roll egg roll up tightly, pressing at tip to seal. Repeat.
- In batches, arrange egg rolls in a single layer in greased air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 5-6 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook golden brown and crisp, 5-6 minutes longer. Combine sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; roll hot egg rolls in mixture. Serve with caramel sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 273 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as APPLE PIE ROLL-UPS WITH CARAMEL SAUCE. in tasteofhome.com